Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My First eBook Is Available


As I mentioned in my last post, I'm delving into the world of online publishing. My first eBook, a short story entitled THE LAKE, is available on line through Smashwords.com.
As you may recall, in my last post I mentioned the fact that I was obtaining eBook software on eBay. With Smashwords there is no need to purchase additional software, you upload your eBook in Microsoft Word. However, make sure that you download and follow the guidelines from theirr Style Guide. I found the procedure to be easy and straight forward. I must mention the fact that the Style Guide is written for Word 2003 and if you are a user of Word 2007 as I am, you will have to find where Word has put some of the formatting parameters.
As an added incentive, Smashwords is like a consignment shop. You pay no money up front, they take a small percentage of whatever revenue your work generates. Smashwords will also format your work for all the eBook readers such as the Kindle and the Nook and put it in format to be downloaded to a PC, among others.
So, if you want to get your work out there and start generating some cash for your writing, check out Smashwords.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Congrats!!! I'll check it out!